Monday, October 15, 2012

The Price is Right?


This weekend my family and I went to a school fundraising fair. The flier that convinced me to go said there would be "25 craft vendors". I was in! I wanted to shop around and see what was going on in the crafting world since we're pretty new to this area. 

I found a crocheting table (in between all the home party tables-any thoughts on this subject?) and looked through her goods. She had a TON of scarves, fingerless gloves and hats. I mean a TON. My daughter spied a crocheted ruffle scarf. Even though I could crochet it myself, I figured I would buy it because it was only $5. FIVE DOLLARS. I thought my eyes were deceiving me; I thought the dollar sign was a 1 and it was really 15. Nope. I didn't mind buying it. I'm all for supporting schools and also supporting vendors at a craft show. But really, I was disappointed. This woman didn't think too much of her time investment. 

There are a couple of other craft fairs coming up. I'm going and I'm taking notes. Is it worth it to even have a craft booth? Please answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment